At Iowa Lakes Community College we are committed to showing our appreciation for your service to our country. In addition to providing you top-notch information and assistance regarding your veteran’s educational benefits (see drop-down on left) we have formed a Veterans’ Committee to be certain we are responsive to the needs of our veteran and military students. Some of the initiatives this committee has spearheaded includes:
- Ease of access to the webpage you’re viewing... one click and you’ll find the information you need!
- Special events and remembrances throughout the college year to include: 9/11 ceremonies; Veterans Day events (complimentary meals, Honor Trees, Honor Roll of veterans on signage, Student Senate led ceremonies, etc.); Pearl Harbor Day remembrance; Memorial Day and 4th of July recognition.
- Staff/Faculty Veteran Mentors for every campus.
- Partnering with community Veteran Service Officers, providing ease of access to information and local services. (See local service links on right panel of this page.)
- Complimentary services available at the Smith Wellness Center in Emmetsburg for dependents of student veterans.
- Currently forming peer-led Veterans’ Clubs (monthly meet and greets for social support and information sharing).
- And more! Check out our latest press releases.
If you’d like more information, or have questions not answered on this page, please feel free to contact our military friendly staff: V.A. Certifying Official Dawn Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Financial Aid Director/V.A. Administrator Steve Pelzer at email@example.com.
For more information please contact the Veterans Education Office at the Emmetsburg Campus:
800-242-5108, ext. 5245
Other Helpful Resources:
County Veteran Service Officers:
Palo Alto County
Other Iowa Counties