At Iowa Lakes Community College we are committed to showing our appreciation for your service to our country. In addition to providing you top-notch information and assistance regarding your veteran’s educational benefits (see drop-down on left) we have formed a Veterans’ Committee to be certain we are responsive to the needs of our veteran and military students. Some of the initiatives this committee has spearheaded are:
- Ease of access to the webpage you’re viewing... one click and you’ll find the information you need!
- Special events and remembrances throughout the college year to include: 9/11 recognition; Veterans Day events (complimentary meals, Honor Trees, Honor Roll of veterans on signage, Student Senate led ceremonies, etc.); Memorial Day and 4th of July recognition.
- Staff/Faculty Veteran Mentors for every campus.
- Partnering with community Veteran Service Officers, providing ease of access to information and local services. (See local service links on right panel of this page.)
- Complimentary services available at the Smith Wellness Center in Emmetsburg for student veterans and dependents.
- Currently forming peer-led Veterans’ Clubs (monthly meet and greets for social support and information sharing). Contacts
- A scholarship specifically for veterans.
- In-state tuition available
- And more! Check out our latest press releases.
If you’d like more information, or have questions not answered on this page, please feel free to contact our military friendly staff: Financial Aid Director/V.A. Administrator Steve Pelzer at email@example.com.
The Home Base Iowa site features opportunities for careers in Iowa, lists additional incentives when you locate to specific communities and outlines ways for you to continue your service in options like the National Guard or Reserves. Iowa now also offers incentives statewide, plus there are additional incentives when you relocate to select Home Base Iowa Communities.
For more information please contact the Veterans Education Office at the Emmetsburg Campus:
Financial Aid Director
800-242-5108, ext. 7917
Other Helpful Resources:
County Veteran Service Officers:
Palo Alto County
Other Iowa Counties