Monday, Feb 8, 2016: Due to inclement weather, all classes (credit & continuing education) at all campuses will start at 10 am. Offices will open at 10 am.
Federal Work Study Program
The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) provides part-time jobs for students with financial need to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work related to your course of study.
Iowa Lakes Community College students are encouraged to apply for work-study positions after the school year starts. Positions will be posted in the Financial Aid Office, Career Resource Center, daily announcements, hall monitors and bulletin boards.
- Student eligibility for employment under FWS is based on financial need, as determined by the FAFSA
- Complete Work-Study Application form.
- Complete Iowa W-4 Form
- Complete Federal I-9 Form, and W-4 Form
- Pay rates and job descriptions for FWS-funded positions are available in the financial aid office or the Career Resource Center.
- Students eligible for FWS receive preference in hiring
- Students should stop by the financial aid office for assistance in determining their eligibility for FWs. Students can also pick up the requires payroll information to complete the application process.
- Funds for FWS are limited, and not all students who are eligible can be placed on the program
- Students should begin their job search and arrange interviews as early as possible during the first 2-3 weeks of the semester. Students are interviewed and hired by their immediate supervisor.
- Students complete timesheets and are paid on a monthly basis.
- A great resource to find both FWS and non-FWS jobs is the Career Resource Center at the Estherville and Emmetsburg Campus.