Direct Care Worker Registry
DIRECTIONS FOR ACCESSING NURSE AIDE REGISTRY
How to Access Your Registry Status
Website: Help Desk 1-515-281-5703 or toll free 1-800-532-1174
- Go to the following website www.dia-hfd.state.ia.us
- In the upper left of your screen, you will see a box with some navigational tabs in it. Click on the "Login" tab, which is the second button from the top of the menu bar.
- This will bring up 2 boxes in the middle of your screen requesting an Account ID and password. Do not try to create your own ID and temporary password, they have already been set. The Account ID is the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number, an underscore, and the first initial of your first and last name, in capital letters (example: 6789_FL). The temporary password will be the first 5 digits of your Social Security Number, an underscore, and the first initial of your first and last name, in capital letters. (Example: 12345_FL). If the message “Invalid User Credentials” appears on your first and second tries, please contact the registry at the number listed below. You may have the same last four digits and initials as another person on the registry and have a different special character in your Account ID and password.
- You will be requested to set up 5 "baseline" or security questions.
- You will then be asked to create a new password that only you will know.
- This will take you to your own homepage within our database. You can navigate anywhere within your record from here, and you can also print your card from this page as well.
- To find out your current status and check to see if your employers have reported your employment click on the Demographics tab, which is the second to the last button on the menu bar. The first section on this page will have editable fields where you can correct personal information and update the system. The second section on the page lists the certifications the registry tracks and their status. In order to work, your certificate must read active. The third section lists all the reported employment for your certificate. If there is a gap of more than two years between any employment, you are ineligible to work until the gap has been filled with additional countable employment or you retake and pass both the written and skills state competency exams.
- To print your card, do the following: Turn off the popup blocker feature on your internet browser. Click on the tab that says Print DCW Card, which is the last button on the menu bar. A picture of your card will come up and you can print it. If the printer icon does not appear for the window, do Ctrl+P from your keyboard to access the print screen.
- Call the toll free telephone number 1-866-876-1997 to access the VRS (voice response system).
- Instructions are given to access information, please follow.
- A response that you are ACTIVE on the nurse aide registry indicates the successful completion of both the written and skills examinations. Please note: the VRS can take up to 10 working days to update from when the last test score is entered. If you are still told that you are not active four weeks after you have tested, please call the registry at the number below.
Individual scores are not available from the registry. You must request copies of your scores from your community college.