International Student Admissions
Thank you for considering Iowa Lakes Community College as your home for the next academic year. To begin the acceptance process you must complete the online application for admissions. In addition to this application, other items are required to complete the application process. Once we receive your application, a member of the International Student Services Team will be in contact with you to let you know about other requirements. You will need to submit these in order to obtain the necessary documents to apply for your student Visa.
If you have any questions, please contact Beto Hernandez at email@example.com or via phone 712-362-7919.
Steps for Admissions
Note: All documents must be submitted in English
Prior to admissions issuing an I-20 the following requirements must be met:
- Complete the Iowa Lakes Community College application for admission.
- Complete and return the Financial Certificate;
* Provided by Iowa Lakes Community College.
* Certificate must be signed by the sponsor and a bank official.
- Bank Statement Summary (Examples of acceptable bank statement are at the bottom right of this page.)
* Provide a stamped and signed bank statement summary or bank statement that supports the financial information in the Financial Certificate.
- Letter of Intent
* If student will receive an athletic scholarship, a Letter of Intent must be provided to the Admissions Office by the Athletics Department.
* Letter must indicate the dollar amount awarded.
- Provide high school transcripts.
* We will need your final high school transcripts after high school completion.
- Transfer of Student Status Form
* If a student is transferring from another college within the United States a Transfer of Student Status Form must be submitted.
- Send official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores.
* Test score requirements are as follows: 500 for paper based test; 173 on computer based test; and 61 on internet based TOEFL.
* Official TOEFL scores may be requested at http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/scores/send
* No TOEFL score is required if English is your home country's official language
- Provide a copy of your valid passport.
Note: All documents, except TOEFL scores can be sent via e-mail to:
TOEFL scores must be mailed from ETS to us at:
Iowa Lakes Community College
Examples of acceptable bank statements: